Special Housing Consideration: Gender Identity and Expression

Most of the housing at ECU is designed for two students per room. We have some suite style rooms that have a shared bathroom for two rooms and four students, as well as some specialty rooms with singles with private or semiprivate baths. Campus Living provides a resource in the spring for contracted students called “My College Roomie” that allows roommate searches that can include searches based on LGBT acceptance to support the roommate search process.

Please complete the form below for any gender needs that may affect your housing placement. Campus Living and the Dr. Jesse R. Peel LGBTQ Center will confirm the receipt of your request, review your request, make and notify you of a recommendation, then make your room assignment based on that recommendation.

Students requesting accommodation for a disability should contact the ECU Department for Disability Support Services

NOTE: Information submitted on this form will be kept confidential and used only by designated ECU staff for housing assignment purposes.